Friday, August 06, 2010

Dirt Work Complete -- On to Foundation

The other day one of the men working asked Cana what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said, "I'm going to have a baby and drive one of those (pointing to the track-hoe). "


Before and after:
The biggest improvement is that the culvert in the foreground of the first photo has been filled in. This increased our flat space, and greatly reduced the chances of someone driving their car into the creek (that creek wasn't very pretty to begin with).

This house is being built on rock, literally. Check out what the excavation team has pulled out. Some of the slabs were as big as 8 feet x 8 feet. We're going to have some great landscaping utilizing them.He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
Luke 6:48

I am continuing work on the interior. Who knew there were so many decisions to be made? I answer an email with about 35 questions once a day from our design team. It's a lot of work, but I know I'll appreciate every detail when I see it in person.

2 comments:

erin said...

cana's answer is fantastic! cracked me up!

Krissy said...

I have no idea how you are making all of the design decisions - what hard work that is! It will be so cool to see them come to life.