Monday, July 26, 2010

Demolition

This is the house we purchased to tear down:

Today at 2:08 both kids were settled down for a nap. I decided to go take a few pictures of our home site to capture how much of a difference the trees that we cut down made. Imagine my delight when I got to witness the demolition of the cabin. It took approximately 46 minutes, and I enjoyed every bit of brick falling, glass breaking, dirt flying fun (sitting safely in the woods across the stream).

When I arrived the deck and the bedrooms were already gone:


Chandelier hanging from the excavator:

When I left they were tearing out the basement, not as entertaining:
One of the men working told me that more than once they have demoed a house and money has come flying out of the attic. Sadly, that did not happen to us. Happily, this is the official beginning of construction!

4 comments:

Krissy said...

YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Susan said...

Very exciting!

Create360 said...

Awesome fun guys!

Cincinnatalie said...

It's like your very own Extreme Makeover Home Edition, but without all of the fabricated drama!